Friday, August 10, 2007

Variance is fun

Tonight was pretty crazy. I sat down to a couple 2/4 UB tables and immediately felt it was going to be "one of those nights". Not far into the session, I got a donkey all in prf with KK only to be shown AA. I also got all in with QQ on a rag flop and my opponent again had AA. Kevin and I were playing on a couple tables together and he beat the game pretty bad. I on the other hand ended down $700 after only a couple hours of play. Feeling a bit dejected, I decided to call it a night.

I logged into FTP not really planning on playing, but I decided to sit down on two different 2/4 heads up tables. The session started very poorly with me getting coolered on both tables for decent sized pots multiple times. I decided to keep grinding it out because I really felt my opponents were playing poorly and I had a significant edge in the game due to the mistakes they were making. Sure enough, 3 hours later I was sitting with over $5,000 on both tables combined. I'm really tired right now so I'm not going to post any hands for discussion, but I was very pleased with my ability to stay focused and play the best poker I know how to play. I believe I ended the day up roughly $3,000 or so.

No comments: