Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Disappointment and a Setback

Played my first session in a few days last night...drunk. Yesterday was my birthday so my wife and I went to the live games to hang out and have a good time. She actually ended up crushing it over there for like $700. I won about $150 myself then came home and like an idiot signed on to my account.

It's not like when Im drunk I just play out of my mind or do these crazy things (usually) and just mindlessly donk off money. It's more that if things aren't going well I tilt easily and play real fast without much thought to the hand or past history, etc. The damage wasn't too bad, but it was a couple thousand dollar setback and that annoys me. Some of the hands really were gross though and I ran very poorly. I played a guy 5/10 HU on UB and some of the shit he was hitting was amazing. I flopped two pair on an A high flop, he called me down with a bare pair of 4's (he had 44) and hit a running flush. Then he called a big c/r on the flop with a bare pair of 8's (he had 88) and turned an 8. I need to find that guy again when I'm ready to play 5/10 regularly. Anyway, I think I've realized that I just need to cut alcohol out of my life completely. There really is no need for me to drink and it just causes problems for me. I'm pretty upset at myself, not really because of the money because I think that I would have lost most of that last night had I been playing sober cuz I was just running so badly. But Ive made a commitment to not play drunk and it really shouldn't be a hard thing to do. I'm going to stop drinking. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

lucko said...

Let me know when you are playing drunk. I could use the money. :-)

Anonymous said...

The way you run Lucko... it doesnt matter whether he is drunk or not.